Design Bootcamp for Prospective Engineers
About the Event
This Bootcamp has been designed specifically for high achieving high school students interested in applying abroad for engineering-related degrees. Through a practice-based prototyping approach, the Bootcamp will bridge the gap between high school and college engineering education. In small teams of 6, the students will work to identify a need and challenge, ideate a product or concept that acts as a solution and prepare a prototype and execution report for it. They will be able to document their work in the form of a project report and have an opportunity to present it for initial funding to execute the prototype. This intense, hands-on experience, will be invaluable to students' undergraduate college applications.
Duration: 13 sessions
Age Group: 14+
Batch Size: 6 students per batch
Price: INR 10,000 + tax
Batch 1 - Launches on June 8, 2021
Tuesdays and Saturdays
Tuesday 2:00pm - 3:00pm Saturday 11:30am - 12:30pm
Batch 2 - Launches on June 16, 2021
Wednesdays and Saturdays
Wednesday 2:00pm - 3:00pm Saturday 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Bridging the gap between Junior college education to Engineering Education
- Awakening the “Application-based Student and Learning process”
- Understand a Design Process used across industries
- Identifying a need
- Identifying the constraints, stakeholders, purpose, methodology and resources.
- Presenting the Need / Preliminary Design Presentation / Concept Development
- Designing a Solution / Design Methodology
- Peer Review and Improvements + Pitching your Design
- Budgeting and RML formulation
- Project Planning / Prototype planning
- Detailed Design Documentation
- Testing the Design
- Familiarization with Basic Engineering Tools that students are expected to know in First-Year Engineering.
- Making the Jump from having an idea to presenting and documenting the idea.
- Learning issues arising at the Prototyping and Execution stages
- RegularINR 10,000+INR 1,800 GST+INR 295 Service feeINR 10,000+INR 1,800 GST+INR 295 Service fee0INR 0